By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will have the opportunity to develop the following competencies:
- Learn about multiple approaches to leadership from experienced leaders across the university.
- Recognize the need for leadership in various university activities. Identify a personal leadership style or leadership philosophy.
- Examine the political dynamics of higher education institutions and the critical role of strategic planning.
By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will have the opportunity to experience personal growth in the following areas:
- Develop confidence in personal leadership and capacity to take on a leadership role in various situations.
- Strengthen interpersonal communication abilities within a group setting, one-on-one meetings, and online.
- Seek and respond to feedback from others.
By participating in the UI Leadership Academy, participants will have the opportunity to experience leadership development within the context of a team by:
- Processing and debriefing leadership success and challenges working on shared activities.
- Internalizing the importance of inclusive team composition, strong interpersonal communication skills, the capacity to include diverse voices and understand others, and empowering others.
- Developing a supportive collegial network among participants.