Basic Civil Mediation
Instructors: Sharon Press and Dan Weitz
Location: Moscow, ID
Date: May 14 - 18, 2017, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
BASIC CIVIL MEDIATION, co-taught by Sharon Press and Dan Weitz, is a 40-hour course that explores conflict resolution, negotiation, and mediation theory through lectures, discussions, demonstrations, exercises and role-plays. The course will look at each stage of the mediation process and various attendant strategies and skills. Participants gain a deeper understanding of both conflict and the dynamics, benefits, constraints, and skills needed in third-party intervention in settling disputes.
What You Will Learn
- A deeper understanding of information gathering techniques and communication skills
- Confidentiality in mediation and its limitations
- Legal and policy issues in mediation
- The impact of cultural and other diversity on conflict and conflict resolution
- Mediator orientation and styles
- Ethical issues in mediation
About the Presenters
Both instructors bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to this course and will ensure a fruitful learning experience.
Additional information about registration, fees, credit, special needs, and cancellation policy.
Learn More >