The Strategic Plan below is from 2013 and is only available here for reference. In the coming months, ITS will be working on a new strategic plan defining a vision for information technology services at the University of Idaho.
The purpose of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Strategic Plan is to document the mission statement, values and vision statement for ITS, outline the ITS view of future technology in higher education, document specific strategic initiatives for ITS and document how ITS will ensure that it continues to move in a direction that support the University’s technology needs.
The mission of Information Technology Services is to provide technology leadership, expertise and services in support of the teaching, learning, research and outreach goals of the University of Idaho. Through its knowledgeable and committed staff, ITS will offer excellent service to its customers while ensuring an institutional perspective on technology solutions, information security and continuous improvement through technology. ITS is committed to achieving its mission through:
- Focusing on customers by understanding their needs and offering options that meet their needs and the needs of the University.
- Providing leadership and awareness on the impacts, resource utilization, and feasibility of technology implementations.
- Partnering with customers, peer institutions, industry groups and vendors to ensure the technological goals of the university are realized.
- Providing services and solutions of the utmost quality, stability and reliability.
- Collaborating with customers in securing university data through technological solutions and the utilization of industry best practices.
- Responding in a thorough and timely manner to customer needs, changing technologies, and the challenges of compliance with local, state and federal law.
- Fostering a positive work environment where staff are offered opportunities for continuous improvement and realize the reward and satisfaction that is inherent in meeting the challenge of providing outstanding customer service in support of the University’s goals.
- Practicing responsible stewardship of University resources.
Information Technology Services is committed to its leadership role of fostering the University’s goals through being the partner of choice for technology advancement and innovation.