Take Action


ITS Locations

Help Desk

Teaching Learning Center Room 128
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Phone: (208) 885-4357 (HELP) 


ITS Administration Offices
Administration Building
Room 140
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208) 885-6721
Fax: (208) 885-7539

Media Center

Teaching Learning Center 131 
Phone: (208) 885-6411
Fax: (208) 885-0566

Records Management

Office of Records Management
Pitman Center (SUB)
Room 53
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4247
Moscow, ID 83844-4247
phone: (208) 885-2580

Current Hours of Operation
Mon: 7:30-4:30pm
Tue: 7:30-11:30am
Wed: 7:30-11:30am
Thur: 7:30-11:30am

Vandal Cards

Pitman Center (SUB)
Room 124
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4256
Moscow, ID 83844-4256
Phone: (208) 885-7522
Fax: (208) 885-9208

Telephone Services

Administration Building 
Room 133
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3155
Moscow, ID 83844-3155
Phone: (208) 885-5800
Fax: (208) 885-7539

Account Sponsorship

What does "sponsorship" mean?

Sponsorship is the term used by ITS when a full time, board appointed employee agrees the sponsoree has legitimate work or academic reason to have a UI account. If the account is used for any purpose that violates the UI computer use policy, ITS will work with the "sponsor" concerning issues about the account.

When is a sponsored account required?

A sponsored account is required when a UI account is needed and a record of employment, or enrollment, is not available through Human Resources or the Registrar.  Sponsored accounts are also required for temporary help (TH) employees.

Emeritus retires who want to retain their NetID account need their department to sponsor their accounts to avoid affiliation issues which could cause their accounts to expire

Why are sponsored accounts required for TH?

Unfortunately, due to how TH position records are maintained it is possible for the position to remain "active" long after an employee has left their position. Since this information is not accurate we are not able to use it to verify proper employment. For security and auditing purposes we require this additional level of accuracy and accountability.

How do I sponsor an account for someone?

The sponsor will need to send an e-mail from their official University of Idaho e-mail account to the Help Desk with the following information:

  • The sponsors Vandal ID Number
  • The sponsor's phone number
  • The Vandal ID Number of the person they would like to sponsor or information for a Vandal ID Number to be created (name, address, date of birth and alternate email address)
  • The reason for sponsorship
  • How long the sponsorship will last

How long does the sponsorship last?

Sponsored accounts for the University of Idaho can have any expiration date with up to 1 year at maximum. Sponsorship can be renewed by the sponsor as needed at anytime (including removing sponsorship or decreasing the sponsorship timeframe).

How do you renew or change sponsorship?

A sponsor can renew or modify sponsorship for an account in two different ways:

  • By logging in to theAccount Management site and clicking on the link titled Extend Account Expiration under the Account Utilities menu.
  • Or by contacting the ITS Help Desk through e-mail from their official University of Idaho e-mail account, fax, or campus mail a memo stating that the account sponsorship needs to be extended and how long the extension is needed.

How do I reset the password on a sponsored account?

The sponsor may request a temporary password be set for an account they sponsor by contacting the ITS Help Desk at helpdesk@uidaho.edu or 208-885-HELP (4357).