Campus Security Authority
The University of Idaho has the responsibility to notify the campus community about any crimes that pose an ongoing threat to the community as well as for inclusion in its federally mandated annual security report. A “Campus Security Authority” (CSA) is any designated person, paid or unpaid, who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities.Watch a video about the Clery Act and Campus Security Authorities
Campus Security Authorities at the University of Idaho Include
- Deans, associate deans and department chairs
- Residential housing staff and resident advisors
- Athletic director and coaches
- Student activities coordinators
- Student judicial officers
- Advisors to student organizations
- AVP’s of our higher education centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls
If you are unsure whether or not you are a designated CSA, please contact Public Safety and Security.
Responsibilities of CSAs
Campus Security Authority training video
As a Campus Security Authority, you are obligated by federal law to report Clery Act crimes. If you witness or learn of an incident that might involve a crime or identify the victim or keep the victim's identity confidential, please immediately contact the University of Idaho's Public Safety and Security at 208-885-2254. You may identify the victim or keep the victim’s identity confidential. If you are in doubt as to whether a crime is reportable, please contact Public Safety and Security.