Open flame use can cause ignition of nearby materials, creating a rapidly growing fire.
What you can do:Never use candles or other open flame devices in campus buildings.
All outdoor open burning is by permit only, including campfires, bonfires, fireworks, etc. (See: open burning permit)
Gas or charcoal barbeques are allowed only when used a minimum of 10 feet from buildings, flammable landscaping or other readily ignitable fuel sources, and placed on a hard noncombustible surface (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Do not dispose of charcoal or other spent fuel in dumpsters or trash containers or on the landscape.
Related Training in NetLearning@uidaho
- Fire Extinguisher Hands-On Training (UIC_31)
- Fire Extinguisher Use (ID01)
- Fire Safety - Flammable Liquids (UIC_32)
- Fire Safety - General (UIC_33)
- Fire Safety in the Workplace (ID22)
For more information
Fire Safety Specialist