New Phones TransitionInformation Technology Services has begun the next phase of our new phone service implementation with the transition date still set for the evening of April 19 for the Moscow campus, and the Idaho Falls and Boise centers going live on March 30. During the next few weeks the programming on the new phones will be updated and all the services turned on for departments to test ahead of the service switch over.
UPDATE: ITS will cut over to the new phones system on 05/05/2016 at 5 p.m. There is a planned 2-5 hour outage as services are transferred and tested during the cut over process. Identified legacy telephone services will be turned off as we transition to the new telephone provider. ITS will be testing the new telephone system with our service partner Ednetics to verify new telephone services are functioning as expected.
After the cut over, please take the time to test some of these features to ensure they are working as you would expect:
- Incoming Calls: All calls to your extension should now ring your new Cisco phone. If off-campus calls still come to your old phone make sure to let ITS Help Desk know.
- Voicemail: You may call voicemail by pressing the voicemail button on your phone or dialing extension 51700. If you are prompted for your "ID," use your five-digit extension.
- Voicemail to Email: Are messages being properly delivered to your email account?
- Special Features: Review any forwarding, speed dials, sidecar configuration, shared lines or other special configurations previously requested.
- Conference Now: If this is a feature you use, please review and confirm you can access your conference bridge. Visit link below for more details.
- Self-Care Portal: You may access a number of phone features at voice.uidaho.edu.
- Old Phones: We will email the campus community again once plans to retrieve your old telephone are in place.
Since the majority of phones have now been placed, ITS has provided training opportunities for the Moscow campus to attend. If you or your department missed the training sessions you can view videos and step by step instructions at our Self-Help page for phones and communication.