UHP curriculum and policy are determined by the Honors Program Committee, a standing committee of the University Faculty. The function of the committee is to recommend policies for the program, including admission requirements; act on changes in the program; act on petitions for exceptions to the requirements of the program.
- Sanjay Sisodiya, (HPC Committee Chair) Business
- Stacy Camp, Anthropology
- Pamela Bathurst, Music
- Ashley Kerr, Modern Languages and Cultures
- John Foltz, Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Brian He, Biological Engineering
- David Pfeiffer, Biological Sciences
- Jennifer Downen, President, Honors Leadership Council (one vote)
- Alton Campbell, UHP Director (w/o vote)
- Chris Price, UHP Management Assistant (w/o vote; email@example.com)
Download Call for Honors Seminar Proposals for 2015 - 2016 (doc)
Faculty Staff Handbook 1640.53
HONORS PROGRAM COMMITTEE
A-1. To recommend policies for the University Honors Program, including admissions requirements.
A-2. To act on changes in the program.
A-3. To act on petitions for exceptions to the requirements of the program. [The committee's actions on petitions may be appealed as stated in FSH Section 2500.]
B. STRUCTURE. Six faculty members to represent a broad spectrum of the UI community, an academic dean from one of the six colleges representing the honors curriculum (college representation to rotate on an annual basis), president of the Honors Leadership Council or designee, and (without vote), director of the University Honors Program (UHP), associate director of the UHP, program advisor of the UHP (staff). The latter serves as secretary. One of the six appointed faculty members serves as chair. [rev. 7/06]
Honors Program Committee webpage
via Faculty Senate site/committee pages (includes Minutes, reports, related historical records, review materials)