Priority registration, permission to register on the first day of class registration, is awarded to Honors students who maintain a 3.3 cumulative/institutional GPA and have completed prior to the current semester a minimum of:
- 3 HON-designated credits* in the first semester,
- 6 HON-designated credits by the end of the second semester,
- 9 HON-designated credits by the end of the fourth semester, and
- 12 HON-designated credits by the end of the sixth semester.
- Also, new UHP members who enroll for at least three HON-designated credits during their first semester in the program qualify for priority registration.
Students do not receive a probationary semester if they fail to meet the GPA or credit requirements.