Are you looking for information on changes related to Banner 9? If so, please click here to go to the ITS Banner 9 Project website. Links to items such as FAQs, keyboard shortcuts and a recording of the Banner 9 Preview Session as well as contact information for any questions you may have regarding Banner 9 can be found near the bottom of this page.
U of I has updated the chart of accounts in Banner, effective July 1, 2018 (for FY19 transactions). The old Chart 9 had been in place since Banner was implemented in 1994. The new chart is named Chart V. This project to modernize the chart began in August 2016 and was designed with the following goals in mind:
- Reduce redundancy in the chart of accounts.
- Reduce customization in Banner to enable use of baseline features and support future upgrades.
- Enable more standardized reporting at higher levels in the organization.
- Better support for accounting and reporting standards changes.
Even as of the go live date of July 1, 2018, there is still work to be done to meet the needs of campus: updating Banner reports to work with Chart V, new Argos reports, training for current and new staff, etc. This page will communicate the latest information related to this project. Please check back periodically.
September 25, 2018
We have provided a link to the Banner Report Master List that we are using to track the review of Banner reports. While this is a work in progress, we wanted to provide this to Banner users as a guide to identifying:
- Which Banner reports do and don’t currently work in Chart V
- Which Banner reports will not be modified to work in Chart V, along with the recommended replacement report (Argos or VandalWeb)
- Status of reports currently under review/development.
The VandalWeb finance reports are quite useful in querying data at an Org, Fund, or Index (Fund, Org, Activity) level. Below are links to a step-by-step guide for using the reports found under “VandalWeb Finance Query for Non-Banner Users” menu. The guide is delivered in two parts – the first 10 pages are more specific to grants (thank you to Heather Nelson for creating this), and the instructions in the second part (beginning on page 11) have been modified to remove grant-specific guidance for simplicity.
Banner Resources FAQ
They are found under Finance / Production / Departmental Financial Reporting
No, the new chart will function the same as with the current Banner. You will use the same forms that you are familiar with, only you will just have new values to enter and report.
Request access from email@example.com to any or all of the following depending on your job needs:
- Human Resources
- Accounts Receivable
- There are several queries in the directory identified above. One is the Index Report. This will provide you with a list of indexes under your org code.
- For a list of indexes by your level 2, level 3 or org code, run the Index Listing by Level 2, Level 3 or Org code.
Org/budget codes were migrated per data provided by each area. Many consolidated or eliminated unneeded org codes in the new chart.