Are you looking for information on changes related to Banner 9? If so, please click here to go to the ITS Banner 9 Project website. Links to items such as FAQs, keyboard shortcuts and a recording of the Banner 9 Preview Session as well as contact information for any questions you may have regarding Banner 9 can be found near the bottom of this page.
ARGOS Training Sessions
No sessions currently scheduled. This page will be updated when future sessions are scheduled. If you have an interest in Argos training, please send an email to email@example.com.
Chart V Lab Dates
Due to lack of attendance, no further sessions are planned. Please send requests for training or assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
U of I has updated the chart of accounts in Banner, effective July 1, 2018 (for FY19 transactions). The old Chart 9 had been in place since Banner was implemented in 1994. The new chart is named Chart V. This project to modernize the chart began in August 2016 and was designed with the following goals in mind:
- Reduce redundancy in the chart of accounts.
- Reduce customization in Banner to enable use of baseline features and support future upgrades.
- Enable more standardized reporting at higher levels in the organization.
- Better support for accounting and reporting standards changes.
Even as of the go-live date of July 1, 2018, there is still work to be done to meet the needs of campus: updating Banner reports to work with Chart V, new Argos reports, training for current and new staff, etc. This page will communicate the latest information related to this project. Please check back periodically.
Banner Resources FAQ
They are found under Finance / Production / Departmental Financial Reporting
No, the new chart will function the same as with the current Banner. You will use the same forms that you are familiar with, only you will just have new values to enter and report.
Request access from email@example.com to any or all of the following depending on your job needs:
- Human Resources
- Accounts Receivable
- There are several queries in the directory identified above. One is the Index Report. This will provide you with a list of indexes under your org code.
- For a list of indexes by your level 2, level 3 or org code, run the Index Listing by Level 2, Level 3 or Org code.
Org/budget codes were migrated per data provided by each area. Many consolidated or eliminated unneeded org codes in the new chart.