Regional 4-H Youth Development Educator
University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene
1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 116
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Jim provides regional leadership for program development and volunteer management for the 10 northern Idaho counties, plus statewide leadership for 4-H horse and shooting sports programs.
M.S., University of Nebraska — Lincoln, 1982
B.S., University of Nebraska — Lincoln, 1980
- Positive youth development
- Equine management
- 4-H shooting sports
- Lundeberg, Roberta, Botham, C., Leach, J., Wilson, J., etc. PNW 4-H Horse Contest Guide. Pacific Northwest publication (PNW 574), summer 2015.
- Hart, D., Lamm, A., Cecil, C., Wilson, J., and Kaysen, B. Expanding 4-H Horizons Livestock Leader Guides. Journal of Youth Development (2009), Volume 4, Number 2, summer 2009.
- Goodwin, Jeff, Gibson, G., Wilson, J., Nash, S., Murphy, T. Improving Youth Livestock Programs Through Innovative Evaluation Techniques. Journal of Extension Systems, volume 17, 2001.
For over 30 years, Jim served as a local 4-H Extension educator — first in Arapahoe County Colorado, then for Kootenai and Shoshone counties in Idaho. In 2015, he was selected as the northern regional 4-H Youth Development educator, providing local program support for the 10 northern Idaho counties and statewide leadership for 4-H horse and shooting sports programs. Jim has been a member of the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents for over 35 years, and served three terms in various capacities on the NAE4-HA Board of Trustees.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals, National winner Educational Technology Team, 2020
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Western Regional Educational Technology, 2015
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Meritorious Service Award, 2010