Cassia County Courthouse Room #4
University of Idaho Extension, Cassia County
1459 Overland Ave., Room 4
Burley, ID 83318-2189
I teach farm and ranch financial management in connection with estate/succession planning and also the use of grazing cover crops for soil management. 4-H livestock is my area of expertise.
M.S., University of Idaho, 1990
B.S., Brigham Young University, 1988
- Cover crops
- Grazing of cover crops
- Livestock budgets
- Livestock production
- Magic Valley economics
- Farm financial management
- Estate/succession planning
- Excel spreadsheet training
- Cover crops and grazing
- Beef cattle production
- 4-H livestock
- Hogge J. M. B. Eborn. J. Packham. R. Findlay. S. Harrison, April 2017, Multi Year Succession and Estate Planning for Farm and Ranch Families, Journal of Extension, Ideas at work, August 2017, Volume 55, Number 4.
- Nash, S.A., D.A. Sanchez, J.H. Packham, S.N. Harrison, J.J. Jensen, M. King, B.L. Kaysen. Livestock Judges' Training Provides Hands-on Experience, Journal of Extension, Volume 54. Number 4, Article 4IAW6, 2016.
- Golden, L., J. Hogge, S. Hines, J. Packham, and C. Falen. 2016. "Cover Crops for Grazing Use in Idaho." University of Idaho Bulletin, #901, published April, 2016.
- Hines, S., J. Packham, G. Taylor. 2013. "Contribution of Agribusiness to the Magic Valley Economy, 2010." University of Idaho Current Information Series #1193.
Joel Packham received his M.S. in reproductive physiology of the bovine at the University of Idaho, with a minor in farm & ranch financial management. Joel's areas of expertise include:
financial management, estate/succession planning, Excel spreadsheets, cover crop grazing, and 4-H livestock management. Mr. Packham coordinates educational programs in the Magic Valley, the heart of Idaho agriculture.