County Chair, Extension Educator — Crops
University of Idaho Extension, Canyon County
501 Main St
Caldwell, ID 83605
- M.S., Kansas State University
- B.S., Kansas State University
- Drip irrigation
- Irrigation and nutrient use efficiency
- Neufeld, J.D. et. al. December, 2016. Pacific Northwest Pest Alert Network Delivers Strategic IPM Information to Agricultural and Urban Audiences. Journal of the NACAA. Volume 9, Issue 2.
- Reddy, S., Neufeld, J., et.al. 2008. Pesticide Safety Training for Spanish Speaking Farmworkers. Journal of Pesticide Safety Education. November, 2008.
- Reddy, S., Neufeld, J., and Klauzer, J. 2008. Nitrate and Water Use Efficiency of Onion Production under Drip and Furrow Irrigation. Journal of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents. July, 2008.
- Neufeld, J., et. al. 2007. Rapid Delivery of Regional Pest Alerts Using an Active Internet Site. Journal of Extension. Vol 45. Number 5.
- Davison, J. and Neufeld, J. 2005. Can Shade Structures Help Riparian Areas? Rangelands: Vol. 27, No. 2 pp 24-30.
- Nelson, J.R., Neufeld, J.D. and Peterson, S.S. 2004. Using Regional Economic Analysis Tools to Address Land Use Planning Issues. Journal of Extension. Vol. 41, Number 5.
- Neufeld, J., Davison, J. and Breazeale, D. 2003. Subsurface Drip Irrigation of Alfalfa in Nevada. Journal of Applied Irrigation Science. Vol. 38(1), 29-40.
- Neufeld, J. and Davison, J. 2000. Practical Considerations When Selecting a Soil Testing Laboratory for an Educational Program. Journal of Extension. Vol. 38. Number 4.
- Breazeale, D., Neufeld, J., Myer, G. and Davison, J. 2000. Feasibility of Subsurface Drip Irrigation for Alfalfa. American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. Denver, Colorado. Pp.58-63.
- Breazeale, D., Neufeld, J. Myer, G. and Davison, J. 2000. Breakeven Analysis of Alfalfa Seed Production Using Subsurface Drip Irrigation. Journal of Applied Irrigation Science. Vol. 35(1), 91-99.
- Evans, W., Smith, M., Hill, G., Albers, E. and Neufeld, J. 1996. Rural Adolescents Views of Risk and Protective Factors Associated with Suicide. Crisis Intervention and Time-Limited Treatment. Vol. 3, (1), 1-12.
- Neufeld, J., Smith, M.G., Hill, G.C. and Estes, H. 1995. Rural After-School Child Care: A Demonstration Project in a Remote Mining Community. Rural Special Education Quarterly. Vol. 14(3), 12-16.
Jerry Neufeld grew up in Iowa and Kansas. He worked various jobs in agriculture during the summers. He received bachelor's and master's degrees from Kansas State University. He lived in northern Nevada for 11 years, while working for the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes and the University of Nevada, Reno. He has worked as the Canyon County crops Extension educator since 1999. Neufeld has been married for many years and has two beautiful daughters who love to kayak and rock climb. He loves living in Idaho. He like to ride his Harley Davidsons and raft Idaho's rivers with his family.
- UI Extension Diversity Award for Spanish Pesticide Safety Training. 2009.
- Search for Excellence in Crop Production Finalist. Treasure Valley Pest Alert Network. National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 2003.
- Achievement Award, National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 1995.