Extension Educator — 4-H Youth Development
University of Idaho Extension, Canyon County
501 Main St
Caldwell, ID 83605
Carrie works in Canyon County as the Extension educator for 4-H youth development. Her and programs focus on livestock, small animals, teens, leadership, citizenship and going onto secondary education.
M.S., University of Idaho
B.S., University of Idaho
- 4-H positive youth development
- Build Your Future: connecting underserved youth to career planning
- Leadership Now! 4-H provides leadership opportunities when youth need them
- Idaho’s 4-H STAC positively impacts college and career readiness
- Idaho’s 4-H Know Your Government Conference has a new evaluation
- Idaho’s 4-H State Teen Association Convention; STAC’s new name and vision
Carrie previously served as the 4-H program coordinator for Gem and Boise counties, the Annie's project coordinator and the 4-H fair secretary in Gem/Boise County. As a nine-year member of 4-H, Johnson was inspired to go to the University of Idaho to study animal science.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Idaho 4-H State Teen Association Convention, Excellence in Workforce Development Programming Award, State and Regional Winner. Gillespie, D.R., S. Dolecheck, N. Dalton, N. Shelstad, C. Johnson, E. Jefferies, S. Codr, and D. Scott. 2019.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Member Recognition Awards, Achievement in Service Award Winner. 2018.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Leadership Now! Program, Beyond Youth Leadership Award, State, Regional and National Winner. Gillespie, D.R., S. Dolecheck, G. Wittman, N. Dalton, C. Johnson, G. Silkwood, S. Wilson, S. Codr and E. Jeffries. 2018.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Build Your Future Program, Denise Miller Innovator Award, State and Regional Winner. Dolecheck, S., C. Johnson, and N. Shelstad. 2018.
- Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, Periodical Publication Award Recipient, 2016.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, Regional First Timer Attendee Scholarship Recipient. 2015.
- Gem/Boise County 4-H Distinguished Service Award. 2011.