Rebecca (Becky) Hutchings
University of Idaho Extension, Minidoka County
85 East Baseline Road
Rupert, Idaho 83350
Major responsibilities include nutrition, health, food safety, volunteer development and 4-H youth development educational programming. This includes assessment and development of programs within Minidoka County and southern district.
M.S., American Intercontinental University, 2006
B.S., University of Idaho, 2002
A.S., Brigham Young University — Idaho, 2000
- Hutchings, B. Simplify Dinnertime: A Guide to Make-Ahead Freezer Meals for Electric Pressure Cooking, BUL 963. 2022. In Press. Website under construction.
- Hutchings, B., L. Powers-Hammond. Use, Care and Operation of your Pressure Canner, PNW 421. Revised [Online]. 2021. In Press. Website under construction.
- Hutchings, B., J. Buck, S. Greenway, L. Hansen, A. Robertson. Guide to Using and Caring for your Electric Programmable Pressure Cooker, PNW 747. 2021. In Press. Website under construction.
- Hutchings, B., K. Richel, G. Manker, S. Greenway, L. Erickson, “Prelude to Estate Planning: Helping Older Adults Simplify Their Lives Before Meeting with Professionals.” Journal of Extension, Ideas at Work. April, 2020. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) In Press. https://www.joe.org/joe/2020april/iw6.php
- Hutchings, B., K. Hoffman, Extension Educators Successfully use Social Media to Meet Clientele Needs. Journal of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (JNEAFCS), Implications for Extension. 2019. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) In Press. https://www.neafcs.org/assets/documents/journal/2019-jneafcs/2019-JNEAFCS-FINAL-Web.pdf
- Robertson, A., S. Greenway, B. Hutchings. Cooking Under Pressure: Train-the-Trainer Webinar for Extension Professionals. Journal of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Science (JNEAFCS), Best Practices. 2019. (1, 2, 3, 4, 6) In Press. https://www.neafcs.org/assets/documents/journal/2019-jneafcs/2019-JNEAFCS-FINAL-Web.pdf
- 4-H member field trip provides fun, real-life nutrition experiences
- Zoom into 4-H; central district bringing 4-H to local families
- Statewide trainings prepare Idahoans for the benefits of cooking at home more frequently
- Youth cooking program builds knowledge and instills confidence in participants
- Preparing meals at home with hands-on cooking under pressure workshops
- Extension offers train-the-trainer webinar educating professionals throughout nation
Becky Hutchings attended school in Firth, Idaho. She was involved in many food-related 4-H programs growing up.
Upon graduating high school, she received her associate degree in home economics education from Brigham Young University — Idaho. She went on to University of Idaho and received her bachelor's degree in family and consumer sciences education.
She taught high school family and consumer sciences classes in Las Vegas, Nevada for 10 years. During her first year of teaching, Becky took night classes and received her master's degree from American Intercontinental University in instructional technology. Becky took numerous culinary arts courses at University of Nevada — Las Vegas.
She moved to Burley, Idaho and taught for one year at Cassia High School before joining UI Extension.
She loves to cook, sew, garden and be with her family. She was lucky enough to marry the love of her life, David, and together they have four boys: Roy, Dallas, Dakota and Hunter. They currently reside in Rupert. Becky looks forward to meeting everyone and being a part of the UI Extension team in Minidoka County.
- Hutchings, B. Outstanding Service/FCS Support, Idaho Family and Consumer Sciences Educator Association (IFCS), 2021
- Morrisroe Aman, B., J. Amende, G. Manker, J. Peutz, B. Hutchings, S. Martinez. Epsilon Sigma Phi Distinguished Team Award, 1st Place State, 2020
- Hansen, L., A. Robertson, S. Greenway, J. Buck, B. Hutchings. 4-H Excellence in Healthy Living Programming Award, 1st Place State, 2nd Place Region, 2020
- Ellis, S.¸B. Hutchings. Florida Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (FNEAFCS), Family Health & Wellness Award, 1st Place State, 2020
- Innovation in Programming Award "Cooking Under Pressure," 1st Place State, 1st Place Region, 3rd Place National, 2019
- Florence Hall Award "Cooking Under Pressure: Train the Trainer Webinar for Extension Professionals," 1st Place
State, 1st Place Region, 3rd Place National, 2019
- Above and Beyond Award in the Mentoring Aspiring Technical Educator (MATE) program, Clark County School District, 2006
- Students Choice — Teacher of the Year, Spring Valley High School, 2006
- Excellence in Foodservice Mathematics Program, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, 2004
- Eldorado High School Teacher of the Year, Eldorado High School, 2003
- National Dean’s List. University of Idaho, 2000-2002
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, Randall-Reilly Publishing, 2000-2001 and 2001-2002
- Capital Press Outstanding Student in Agriculture, 2002
- Mary Hall Niccolls Scholarship Award, University of Idaho, 2001
- Elsine Nielsen Scholarship Award, University of Idaho, 2001
- Dean’s List. Brigham Young University-Idaho, 1999-2000
- Curriculum vitae pdf