County Administration Building, Room 201
University of Idaho Extension, Madison County
Courthouse, PO Box 580 (134 E. Main St.)
Rexburg, ID 83440-0580
M.S., University of Idaho, 2008
B.S., Utah State University, 1999
A.S., Ricks College, 1995
- Pasture management
- Grass varieties
- Cover crops
- Range ecology
- Hogge, J, S. Hines, J. Packham, C. Willmore, Interseeding Cover Crop into Corn for Silage, Journal of the NACAA, Vol 13, Issue 1, June 2020. ISSN 2158-9429
- Findlay, J.R., Hogge, J.; Leslie, M.; Reitz, S.; Sagers, J.; Thomas, J., June 2020. Evaluating Thrips Damage on Idaho Alfalfa Crops. Journal of the NACAA. Volume 13 Issue 1, June 2020. ISSN 2158-9429
- Sagers, J. J.R. Findlay, J. Hatch, G. Shewmaker, K. Jensen, J. Hogge, R. Roemer, J. Burr. Determining Quality and Performance of Cool Season Pasture Grasses at High Elevation In Eastern Idaho. Journal of the NACAA, Vol 13, Issue 1, June 2020. ISSN 2158-9429.
- Hogge, J. M., B. Eborn, J. Packham, R. Findlay and S. Harrison. Multi-Year Succession and Estate Planning for Farm and Ranch Families, Journal of Extension, Ideas at Work, joe/2017august/iw5.php, Volume 55, Number 4, Article # 4IAW5.
- Hogge, J.M., A. Westerhold, J. Packham. Mission Statements & Strategic Goals Bringing Business into Focus, University of Idaho, 2020. Bulletin 959
- Marshall. J, B. Yimer, T. Shelman, L. Jones, S. Arcibal, J. Hogge, M. Moll, C. Jackson, K. Obrien, 2019 Small Grains Report, Research Bulletin 202, January 2020.
- University of Idaho Extension continues important cover crop research
- Interseeding cover crop into growing corn shows promise for grazing and soil cover
- Beef producers in eastern Idaho learn new management practices
- Grain producers gain insight from summer field days
- Upper Snake River Beef School benefits local livestock producers
- Agriculture technology boot camp launching food producers into the future
- Education with a focus on forages helps farmers in eastern Idaho
- Managers gain insight into creating healthy and productive grazing systems
I was born in Abbington, Pennsylvania, my family moved to El Cajon (San Diego) when I was young, and I was raised three until I was about 8½. My family then moved to Centerville, Utah, where I attended elementary thru high school. I was raised in a family of eight children, my dad worked in advertising and my mom was a schoolteacher. Our family was the second generation off the farm our extended family dairy farmed in Huntsville, Utah. I had the opportunity to work for a few small farms in the Davis county area. I learned to buck hay, pick rock and irrigate; these experiences helped give me drive to be successful in life. I graduated from Viewmont High School in Bountiful, Utah in 1990. I attended Utah State University in the Dairy Herdsman I yr. certificate program, while working for the university dairy. My goal was to become a dairy herdsman. After graduating from USU herdsman program I served a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints, in Alabama. Upon returning from a two-year mission, I attended Ricks College now BYU-I in the animal science department. I graduated with my associates of animal science from Ricks College in 1995. I also met my wife while attending Ricks college. Ashlee Carter Hogge is from Pingree, Idaho, Ashlee was raised on a farm and cattle ranch, we were married in January of 1995.
Mission statement for my current employment: Create educational opportunities for all interested parties, to expand knowledge, empower decision making and increase the overall quality of life for those I have the opportunity to work with.
I taught high school ag for 13 yrs. before coming to Extension. I have been employed as a University of Idaho Extension educator for eight years.
- Harrison, S.N., Eborn, B.M., Findlay, J.R., Hines, S., Hogge, J., Nunn, L.G. Packham, J, H., Willmore, C. Search for Excellence in Farm and Ranch Financial Management, National Award Winner, National Association of County Agricultural Agents. 2018
- Hogge, J.M. Achievement award, National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 2017
- Hogge, J.M., R. Findlay, B. Eborn, S. Harrison, J. Packham, and K. Hart. All Stars Award, Idaho Barley Commission, 2015