Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences
University of Idaho Extension, Canyon County
501 Main St.
Caldwell, ID 83605
Jackie Amende specializes in family and consumer sciences for Canyon County. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist focusing on nutrition and health programming.
M.S., St. Louis University
B.S., University of Idaho
- Diabetes prevention
- Diabetes education and management
- Plant-based nutrition
- Health eating on a budget
- Aging and nutrition
- 4-H healthy living teen advocates emerge as community leaders
- Turning a dream into a reality — youth practice entrepreneurship
- Smarter lunchrooms—making the healthy choice the easy choice for Idaho students
- Let’s talk business! Extension reaches Latinas with adult entrepreneurship education
- Teen advocates partner with Extension to assess community health needs
- Extension educators teach older Idahoans to live healthier lives
- Dining with Diabetes class participants increase knowledge
- Extension educators expand diabetes prevention program in southwest Idaho
- Marsing’s Community Conversation utilizes teen and adult input in decision-making
- Intern engagement may be impacted by cohort hire versus independent hire
- Pitch it! UI Extension enhances entrepreneurship workshops with Celebration Event
Jackie Amende is the family and consumer sciences educator for University of Idaho Extension in Canyon County. She graduated with her B.S. from the University of Idaho and then achieved her M.S. at Saint Louis University. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) focusing on nutrition and health programming in Canyon County.