Urban Pest Management
University of Idaho Extension Idaho Landscapes and Gardens contains guidance on gardening, caring for lawn and turf, growing fruits and vegetables, trees, shrubs, vines, dealing with pests and wildlife in the garden and how to plant your landscape.
The University of Idaho Master Gardener website provides information on how to become a Master Gardener and program resources.
Washington State University Extension Hortsense provides information on a variety of home garden problems and how to manage them.
Washington State University Extension Pestsense provides information on how to manage common indoor pest problems.
The Northwest Center for Alternatives to Pesticides has useful information to help homeowners and gardeners manage pests without the use of pesticides.
The National Pesticide Information Center has information on pesticides, toxicity and safety.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has a website with pesticide information for homeowners and consumers.
University of Idaho Extension has several publications on gardening.
Additional UI Extension publications that may be useful to homeowners and gardeners:
- Hobo Spiders in Idaho (CIS 1221)
- Slime Flux Disease of Trees (CIS 1205)
- Managing Boxelder Bugs Around Your Home (CIS 1208)
- Managing Elm Seed Bugs Around Your Home (CIS 1223)
- Tuxedo Bug: A New Home-Invading Insect in Idaho (CIS 1155)
- Homeowner Guide to Spiders around the home and yard (BUL 871)
- Homeowner Guide to Minor Stinging Insects (BUL 853)
- Homeowner Guide to Bees (BUL 854)
- Homeowner Guide to Yellowjackets, Bald-Faced Hornets and Paper Wasps (BUL 852)