Designed specifically for teens, Idaho 4-H state level contests offer members a chance to compete against others statewide. For more information, contact your county office.
Public Speaking Contest
The state Public Speaking Contest is held in conjunction with 4-H Teen Conference in June. Contestants must attend Teen Conference to compete. Winners will be eligible to attend the Western National Roundup in Denver, Colorado, in January. Review the rules and register using the contest brochure.
- 2014 State Public Speaking Contest Brochure | pdf |
- Impromptu Public Speaking Rules | pdf |
- Prepared Public Speaking Rules | pdf |
Are you ready to advance your skills in Judging, Hippology, Horse Bowl, and Oral Presentations? Eligible Idaho 4-H horse project members may compete in these state level events held annually in July. All contests will be held in accordance with the Idaho Youth Contest Horse Guidelines. Contact your horse leader or county office for more information.
- 2015 State Horse Contest Booklet | pdf |
- 2015 Horse Entry Form | doc |
- Horse Bowl Contest Guidelines | pdf |
- Oral Presentation Guidelines | pdf |
- Hippology Guidelines | pdf |
- Horse Judging Guide | pdf |
Livestock Skill-a-thon Contest
The Livestock Skill-a-thon contest aims to provide young people with the opportunity to blend knowledge and skills acquired in livestock judging, demonstrations, care, and exhibition of animals into one activity. It provides teens who have no opportunity for livestock ownership to learn about the importance of livestock and their products to the environment, expanding their knowledge and participation. In addition, it is an opportunity to recognize members for their total involvement in and comprehension in the livestock industry, instilling ethical values, good sportsmanship and evaluation skills.
- 2014 Livestock Skill-a-thon Contest Guidelines | pdf |
- 2014 Livestock Skill-a-thon Registration Form | pdf |
The Promotion Division of the Idaho Wool Growers offers awards to Idaho 4-H members who make garments from wool fabric or yarn at the Basic and Advanced levels. Contestants will participate in judging at the county level on construction and fit (style revue or interview) and at the state level on construction and their Wool Contest Portfolio.
Contest rules and requirements are published each year in the Wool Contest brochure. Brochures and entry forms are also available from your county office. District and State winners will be announced and displayed at the State Leaders' Forum. Cash awards will be provided to district and state level winners.
- Wool Contest Brochure (coming soon for 2014) | pdf |
- Idaho Wool Contest Guidelines and Portfolio/Entry Packet (coming soon for 2014) | pdf |
The EISF 4-H Super Shopper Contest is a competitive state level event that enables 4-H’ers to practice making decisions based on information about a situation and four available marketplace options. This contest is an opportunity to practice marketplace knowledge and skills and to compare personal decisions with the decisions from a panel of judges who are knowledgeable about today’s marketplace and its various goods and services. For more information, contact Julie Buck at 208-236-7307 or email@example.com.
- 2015 Idaho 4-H Super Shopper Contest Rules | pdf |
- 2015 Idaho 4-H Super Shopper Study Guide | pdf |
Contest Contact Information
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 3015
Moscow, ID 83844-3015