Thank you for your interest in joining the 2021 Homecoming team! This year we are looking for committed, involved and hardworking students to bring new ideas and energy to our team. This is your chance to leave your mark on campus during the largest tradition at the University of Idaho.
All applications are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. You will be notified on or before March 28 if you are selected for the committee and we will begin meetings that week. Committee Chair Wyatt Kraus can answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding the application process or Homecoming Committee. Please see below for position descriptions.
This is a brief description of responsibilities. Other responsibilities will be assigned once a position is awarded.
- Co-Chair: One (1) position available. Two-year commitment required.
- Work with and aid the Homecoming Chair. Responsibilities may include helping develop meeting schedules and committee communications; assisting in keeping committee chairs accountable; managing the Homecoming Street Team during the week of Homecoming; promoting Homecoming; and being recruiting the 2022 committee.
- Parade Chair: One (1) position and one (1) assistant-chair position available. Two-year commitment for assistant position required.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual Homecoming Parade.
- Events Chairs: Two (2) positions available.
- Assist in the development, preparation and set-up of the annual Friday night events (serpentine, bonfire and fireworks); and organize and execute the Fun Run, Most Vandalized Fan, Jingles and the virtual cocktail events.
- Royalty Chair: One (1) position available.
- Coordinate and promote Homecoming royalty nominations and voting, solicit judges, order regalia and organize royalty announcements. Chairs cannot be nominated. Please take this into consideration.
- Marketing & Graphic Design Chair: Two (2) positions available.
- Work with advisor to build and create homecoming marketing plan(s), and create marketing pieces and assets for social media/print. Graphic Design/Marketing Background preferred, but not required.
- Philanthropy Chair - Two (2) positions available.
- Coordinate and partner with the American Red Cross to coordinate the annual blood drive; coordinate and organize annual food drive; and explore options for other philanthropic events and promotions.
- Teams Chair: Two (2) positions available.
- One chair coordinates residence halls/off campus teams, while the other chair coordinates the Greek community. Both chairs work to encourage participation from all students in the team event opportunities; work closely with Judges, Prizes & Points Chair to coordinate teams; and visit living groups across campus to encourage them to participate in Homecoming.
- Judges, Prizes & Points Chair: One (1) position available.
- Coordinate and solicit judges for all Homecoming event participation and establish points per event.
- Fundraising Chair: Two (2) positions available.
- Work closely with advisor for fireworks fundraiser; develop request for donations letters with advisor; work with the Marketing Chairs to create special promotions and deals at local businesses for Vandals during Homecoming week; perform accounting of all budget and spending; and oversee other fundraising activities.
- Community Outreach Chair: One (1) position available.
- Coordinate the annual window painting competition by contacting local businesses, assigning teams windows, etc.; coordinate social media and on-campus voting on windows; and announce winners.