Engineering Grants and Contract Specialist Services
The College of Engineering Grants and Contract Specialist shepherds proposals through the pre-award steps from preparation for EIPRS through final submission to the funding agency. The Grants and Contract Specialist can also help coordinate with the SPAs in Pre-Award, departmental grant administrators within Engineering and beyond.
Support the early proposal development process with:
- Trainings on the Pivot research funding database to find RFPs tailored to your interests
- Review funding opportunities for pre-requisites, special requirements and potential obstacles
- Communicate with RFP officials for clarification of proposal requirements
Provide technical expertise throughout the proposal development process with:
- Agency- and proposal-specific checklists of proposal components
- Assist with U of I processes such as cost sharing, subawards, subcontracts, consultants and more
- Check compliance with research, research assurances, financial and other standards
Facilitate the EIPRS submission process. Once added as a proposal editor in EIPRS, I can help:
- Coordinate between PIs, Co-PIs, DGAs and the ORED Proposal Development Specialists
- Assist with final document review and uploading to ensure all required documents are in place
- Enter EIPRS comments as needed to coordinate the finalization of the proposal submission
Support the proposal writing process. An extra pair of eyes can help:
- Keep track of the myriad small but crucial details common in proposals
- Ensure internal and external requirements are identified and satisfied by the submission deadline
- Ensure that obscure proposal-specific requirements are addressed comprehensively
The budget and budget justification. I can help ensure that:
- Your budget and justification are accurately calculated using current and defensible information
- Each item in the budget has a corresponding item in the budget justification and vice versa
Proposal submission day. There’s always a last minute hiccup. I can help by:
- Finding that last missing document and ensuring that the final final documents make it to EIPRS and the sponsor
- Coordinating with offsite and interdisciplinary team members, DGAs, OSP’s Pre-Award unit, etc.
- Assisting with the final steps of proposal submission in EIPRs and the sponsor’s proposal software
Coordinate the transition from OSP’s Pre-Award to post-award. Congratulations! You’ve received word your proposal has been recommended for funding! Now what? I can:
- Facilitate a smooth transition from the Pre-Award side of OSP to the Post-Award office
- Support departmental grant administrators/financial staff to establish and manage your award
- Help establish subawards and subcontracts, standard and special compliance documentation, cost sharing monitoring and reporting, and other less common proposal components
One key to successful U of I proposal submission is to start the EIPRS entry the minute you decide to write.
Planning to submit? Questions about the process? Ready to start?
Contact the Grants and Contract Specialist or call 208-885-0996.
These proposal support resources are intended as a guide to facilitate proposal development. It is the proposer’s responsibility to ensure that the funding solicitation requirements are satisfied in the response.