M.S. Metallurgical Engineering
NOTICE: The Materials Science & Engineering program for undergraduates and graduate students is no longer being offered.
Solving Metallurgical Problems
This program is a unique combination of science and engineering that expands your understanding of the structure, properties, production and application of metals and alloys. Tailor your research to your individual research and career interests and solve metallurgy-related problems in a variety of professional fields. Projects are generally financed by research grants, industry sponsors or departmental funding.
Areas of Emphasis
- Nuclear materials
- Metallurgical engineering
- Electrochemistry, corrosion and material degradation
- Multiscale materials modeling
- Polymers and soft matter systems
- Additive manufacturing
Some Courses Available Online
Portions of this program may be completed part-time or online through Engineering Outreach, our college’s distance education department.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.