M.S. Materials Science & Engineering
NOTICE: The Materials Science & Engineering program for undergraduates and graduate students is no longer being offered.
Modern Materials, Complex Issues
This program offers a mix of theoretical study and practical experiments in areas such as nanotechnology, microelectronics, alternative energy applications and advanced materials processing and equips you to solve some of today’s most complicated industry problems with scientific contributions in electronic and magnetic materials, ceramics and polymers, and aerospace and nuclear applications.
Areas of Emphasis
- Nuclear materials
- Metallurgical engineering
- Electrochemistry, corrosion and material degradation
- Multiscale materials modeling
- Polymers and soft matter systems
- Additive manufacturing
Some Courses Available Online
Portions of this program may be completed part-time or online through Engineering Outreach, our college’s distance education department.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.