M.Engr. Computer Engineering
Computing Modern Life
Study complex hardware and software systems to gain the high-level skills you need to contribute to the next generation of computer innovations. Explore concepts in electrical engineering and computer science while focusing on architecture, programming and application of digital computers. Tailor your studies to focus on the area of your interest to reach your career goals.
Areas of emphasis include: Digital hardware design, digital systems design, computer systems, and other related areas.
- Nationally Recognized Faculty – Learn from nationally recognized faculty in the field of microelectronics and power engineering.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.