University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Student Services

Undergraduate Advising

Are you in need of academic advising assistance? If so, connect with our Student Services academic advising team or email first-year chemical & materials engineering student advisor Roopal Jani.

Advisor: Roopal Jani
Location: Jansen Engineering Building (JEB), Room 125
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: 208-885-0250

Graduate Advising

Please contact the College of Graduate Studies to begin the process of graduate advising.

John C. Wahl thinkTANK Study Assistance

sponsored by the College of Engineering & Engineering Scholars

Visit the John C. Wahl thinkTANK (Janssen Engineering 128) for tutoring help with classes ranging from Computer Science, Chemistry, Math, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, and more.

View Tutor Schedule

Vandal Tutoring

Academic Support & Access Programs host other available tutoring opportunities. Find a tutor and continue learning today!

Career Advising & Job Listings

Work with Rachel Otto, the College of Engineering Career Development Liaison, to best prepare for the career right for you. Otto helps with job and internship searches; résumés, CVs and cover letters; interview skills and preparation; career exploration; salary and benefits negotiations; and graduate school exploration.

Contact her via or 208-885-1702.

Career Services

Career Services at the University of Idaho brings highly qualified Idaho students together with local, regional and national employers for internships, jobs and career experiences. Career Services are available to Idaho students and alumni for a lifetime.

Location: Idaho Commons, Room 334
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Drop-in Hours: Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Satellite Office at CBE - ALB 013B: Wednesday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.

Advising appointments can be made by calling Career Services at 208-885-6121 or in person at the Idaho Commons, Room 334.

Career Finder

Career Finder is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education and training.

Academic Advising

Student support is available Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in JEB125

Get Advising Help

Contact Us

Buchanan Engineering Building Rm. 308

Mailing Address:

Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1021
Moscow, ID 83844-1021

Phone: 208-885-7572

Fax: 208-885-7462

Email: or