Spring 2020 Chemical Engineering Newsletter
LETTER FROM THE CHAIR
Dear alumni, students, friends and families,
Many exciting things are in the works, and many of you are an integral part of those efforts. I want to thank all of you who have contributed toward the full funding for the Lou Edwards Endowed Chair in Chemical Engineering. We have made some excellent progress this fall, with the class chairs and matching challenges, and have a strong finish in sight for spring. View progress updates on the Lou Edwards Endowed Chair in Chemical Engineering website.
Thanks to the generous lead gift from LifeLast Inc. (alumni Jeff Buratto, Mark Buratto and Kit Harper), we began the clean-up and clear-out stage of the senior lab design space (BEL 347) this summer and will continue demolition, repairs and upgrades again next summer, when this academic year’s course activities have ended.
Enjoy reading the highlights of our student and faculty teaching and research accomplishments, and I hope you had a safe and wonderful holiday season! Warm regards from Moscow, Idaho!
— Eric Aston,
IN THIS NEWSLETTER
- Lab & Senior Design Space - In honor of Dr. David Drown
- Chemical Engineering Alumnus seminar
- Dr. Indrajit Charit secures IGEM grant Additive Manufacturing of 3D Printed Parts
- Defense Titles
- Update from Dr. Vivek Utgikar
- Update from Dr. Soumya Srivastava
- TMS Earns Honorable Mention in 2019 TMS Bladesmithing Competition
- WERC Competition—April 2019 New Mexico
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)—Two Time PNW Champions
- U of I Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR)
- Senior ChE students visiting the British Petroleum (BP) Cherry Point Refinery
- Instrument Shop
- ASM Student Paper Night—April 2019 WSU at U of I
- Outstanding Seniors 2018-2019
- Expected to graduate 2019-2020