B.S. Biological Engineering
Technical Problems in Biological Systems
Produce creative and effective solutions to problems in systems that involve plants, animals, microorganisms and biological materials.
Work alongside faculty and industry on design, environmental control and monitoring, non-point source pollution abatement, bioremediation, hydrology and water quality control, food processing and other In issues facing our biologically complex, interconnected and changing world.
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Waste Treatment and Biomaterials
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Drug and Gene Delivery
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Food Processing
- Neural Imaging and Modeling
- Precision Agriculture
- Water Quality Sustainability
- Idaho’s Best Value College – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho for undergraduate degree recipients – Payscale
- More than $30M in Scholarships U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho. – 2019/20 Financial Aid Data
- 98% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Biological Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.