The Dean of Students office supports the academic mission of the University and enhances the personal growth, civic responsibility and accountability of students through the Student Code of Conduct.
The Student Code of Conduct along with the Rights and Responsibilities of Students was developed in partnership with University of Idaho students and faculty and was approved by the Board of Regents.
Student Code of Conduct Flow Chart
- Dean of Students office or the Residence Life staff receives information about an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Student is sent a complaint letter which outlines rights and responsibilities and a formal complaint outlining specific charges and a notice of right to assistance. ALL students have the ability to have an advisor present during the disciplinary process. The Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI) provides a free Student Defender who can be contacted through the ASUI office at 5-6331.
- A student may choose to meet with a judicial officer in the Office of the Dean of Students or the ASUI defender in the ASUI Office.
- A student may choose to go to a hearing in front of the University Judicial Council, which is a permanent standing committee of the Faculty Council, or they may choose to reach an agreed settlement with the judicial officer.
- For more detailed information please see the links to the left.