Request More Information
Design a path toward a future in landscape architecture.
Think a career in landscape architecture is simply about planting trees and creating pretty gardens? Think again.
Landscape architecture is a challenging field that offers many diverse career paths. In this pre-professional program, you will study landscape construction and design, urban and community design, sustainable practices, technologies like Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and other related topics. You will gain the foundational knowledge and versatile design skills for opportunities in landscape architecture, landscape design or the green industry.
This degree is an excellent first step toward becoming a landscape architect. The four-year program offers seamless entry into the Master of Landscape Architecture, the accredited professional degree program that provides the training and credentials required to practice as a licensed landscape architect.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Are interested in promoting the natural environment
- Are creative and imaginative
- Like to design outdoor settings
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Landscape architect
- Landscape designer in a design–build company
- Recreational designer/project manager for land management agencies such as the National Park Service and US Forest Service
- Community and urban planner
- Geographic Information Systems specialist for land planning
- Computer-aiding design (CAD) Digital 3D design and Computer-aiding design (CAD) specialist
- Real estate developer
- Sales Representative for green industry suppliers (nurseries/greenhouses, irrigation supply, lighting supply, playground equipment, street furnishings and more)
- Landscape construction manager
Studio Art & Design, B.F.A.