Request More Information
Advancing the dairy industry
The Dairy Foods Management program will provide students with knowledge and hands-on training for careers in the dairy industry.
Students will study the processing and merchandising of milk and milk products, from creating new products to marketing of current products. Learn about ways to improve and enhance the safety and quality of dairy products, product improvement and development, economics, distribution, sales and marketing and other fields related to dairy processing.
The Dairy Foods Management program is part of the U of I/WSU School of Food Science; students will gain hands-on experience working at the WSU Creamery, home of the world-famous Cougar Gold® cheese.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy sciences like chemistry and microbiology
- Like to do hands on experiments
- Have an interest in improving the quality of foods
- Are interested in business
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Business developer for cheese manufacturer
- Plant manager
- Food quality control technician
- Cheese and dairy product developer
- Sales and marketing manager
- Flavor chemist
Child, Family & Consumer Studies, B.S.
Agricultural Systems Management, B.S.