Request More Information
Pen your future.
Many English majors have their sights on a future as a teacher or writer. But the degree opens doors to many other types of professions, too. In this program, you will gain a broad liberal arts education and build critical thinking and writing skills that are highly valued in careers in education, publishing, communications, politics and law — to name a few.
As an English major, you will undergo intensive writing training and develop your professional communication skills. When specializing in teaching, you will also take a sequence of courses in education that culminate in a semester-long student teaching internship.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy literature and language
- Are a strong reader and writer
- Have an interest in history and culture
- Like an intellectual challenge
With this degree, you may become a/an:
- English teacher
- Business or technical writer
- Freelance travel writer
- Publishing professional
- Copy editor
- Communication specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Web developer
- Lawyer (additional education)