Pen your future.
Many English majors have their sights on a future as a teacher or writer. But the degree opens doors to many other types of professions, too. In this program, you will gain a broad liberal arts education and build critical thinking and writing skills that are highly valued in careers in education, publishing, communications, politics and law — to name a few.
As an English major, you will undergo intensive writing training and develop your professional communication skills. By specializing in literature, you will develop critical thinking, analytical and writing skills through deep study of literature, history and theory.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy literature and language
- Are a strong reader and writer
- Have an interest in history and culture
- Like an intellectual challenge
With this degree, you may become a/an:
- English teacher
- Business or technical writer
- Freelance travel writer
- Publishing professional
- Copy editor
- Communication specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Web developer
- Lawyer (additional education)
Latin American Studies, B.A.