The Campus Dietitian is your food and nutrition expert at the University of Idaho — from free student cooking classes to nutrition counseling.
Marissa Rudley is a registered and licensed dietitian available for nutrition counseling for all UI students. Whether you are interested in a one-time meeting or multiple sessions, an individualized plan can be developed for you.
The campus dietitian is a resource to help students reach their healthiest potential with good nutrition, from nutrition basics, food allergies or intolerances, weight loss, eating disorders and nutrition for athletes.
To schedule a nutrition counseling session, contact Marissa Rudley, MS, RD, LD at (208)-885-6717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments can be one-time or reoccurring, based on each individual's goals and care plan.
- Sessions are held at the Student Health Clinic Room 101, 831 South Ash Street, and students should check in there.
- Sessions are typically an hour in length.
- Before an initial nutrition counseling appointment, an online nutrition pre-assessment will be emailed to the individual and should be completed prior to the appointment.
Cost is $15 per appointment, which is billed to the student's account.
What is nutrition counseling?
In a nutrition counseling appointment, the campus dietitian works with a student to assess his or her dietary patterns and provides education, strategies and personalized feedback. Appointments can be made with the campus dietitian for a variety of reasons:
- Establish a basic healthy diet
- Weight loss
- Gaining weight
- Food allergies and/or intolerance
- Balanced vegetarian or vegan diets
- Diabetes medical nutrition therapy
- Disordered eating — bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating disorder
- Intuitive eating skills
- Sports nutrition specifically tailored to student athletes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal issues
Lifestyle changes are encouraged in the form of healthy nutrition and exercise. This approach is found to increase a person’s ability to reach and maintain a healthy weight for life rather than the usual dieting approach that creates only temporary results.
Take a Cooking Class
Vandalizing the Kitchen is a free, interactive cooking class for all skill levels. Learn the basics of cooking delicious and nutritious meals on a budget.
Choose My Plate
Learn how to balance your calories and enjoy your food, but eat less and avoid oversized portions, increase fruits, vegetables and whole grains, avoid sugary drinks and more.