Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. By getting the right health services, screenings and treatments, you are taking steps to help your chances for living a longer, healthier life. Practice these tips.
- If you are sexually active, practice safer sex and get tested for sexually transmitted infections. If you are sexually active with men, take time to understand the risks of pregnancy and available methods of contraception.
- Limit your consumption of alcohol and other drugs.
- If you smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco, try to quit or cut down your use.
- Practice monthly breast self-exams to detect early signs of breast cancer.
- Be proactive about managing stress. Download self-help resources (PDF) »
- Learn practical ways to improve the regularity and quality of your sleep.
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutrient-dense diet. Meet campus dietitian »
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Get regular checkups and gynecological exams.
- Student Health Clinic | (208) 885-6693
- UI Women’s Center | (208) 885-6616
- Moscow Family Medicine | QuickCARE | (208) 882-0540
- Planned Parenthood in Pullman | (886) 904-7721
Planned Parenthood is a sexual and reproductive healthcare provider and advocate. They are a pro-choice organization that provides many services and education regarding sexual health and reproductive rights.
- WISH Medical in Moscow | (208) 892-9474
WISH Medical is the medical arm of a 501 (c)3 non-profit, faith-based corporation. They provide specialized medical, educational and practical support to those facing pregnancy, sexual relationship health and abortion-related issues.
Email Vandal Health Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.