During enrollment, International and American Language and Culture Program students and their dependents complete a separate insurance process.
Contact the International Programs Office
Call 208-885-8984, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the office at 901 Paradise Creek Street, LLC Building #3.
Verification of Health Insurance Information
The University of Idaho requires all full-time, fee-paying, degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credits; graduate/Law students enrolled in 9 or more credits; and all international students to submit proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. Students subject to the requirement may choose to rely on personal health insurance or enroll in U of I's Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
Students who are discovered to be uninsured or have insurance that does not meet the minimum requirements will be enrolled in the U of I's Student Health Insurance Program, and a semester charge will be placed on the student's account.
Health insurance must meet the minimum requirements or substantial compliance standards to qualify.
- Effective on or before the first day of the semester student is enrolling in.
- Active and continuous for the entire semester with no break in coverage.
- Include coverage for illness and injury (accident only plans do not qualify).
- Include coverage for emergency and non-emergency services in the Moscow/Pullman area; OR area of program.
- Include coverage for mental health and prescription services.
- Cover injury while participating in intramural, club, or NCAA intercollegiate sports programs (if participating).
- International students may have additional requirements per Department of State regulations.
Substantial Compliance Standards
- Effective on the first day of the calendar month following the first day of the semester.
- Effective on or before the first day of the calendar month following an involuntary loss of previous coverage.
- Gaps in coverage of no more than 7 days.
- Access to COBRA coverage for gaps longer than 7 days.