During enrollment, International and American Language and Culture Program students and their dependents complete a separate insurance process.
Contact the International Programs Office
Call (208) 885-8984, email email@example.com or visit the office at 901 Paradise Creek Street, LLC Building #3.
Verification of Health Insurance Information
The University of Idaho requires all full-time, fee-paying, degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credits; graduate/Law students enrolled in 9 or more credits; and all international students to submit proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. Students subject to the requirement may choose to rely on personal health insurance or enroll in UI's Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
Students who are discovered to be uninsured or have insurance that does not meet the minimum requirements will be enrolled in the UI's Student Health Insurance Program, and a semester charge will be placed on the student's account.
Health insurance must meet the minimum requirements or substantial compliance standards to qualify.
- Effective on or before the first day of the semester student is enrolling in.
- Active and continuous for the entire semester with no break in coverage.
- Include coverage for illness and injury (accident only plans do not qualify).
- Include coverage for emergency and non-emergency services in the Moscow/Pullman area; OR area of program.
- Include coverage for mental health and prescription services.
- Cover injury while participating in intramural, club, or NCAA intercollegiate sports programs (if participating).
- International students may have additional requirements per Department of State regulations.
Substantial Compliance Standards
- Effective on the first day of the calendar month following the first day of the semester.
- Effective on or before the first day of the calendar month following an involuntary loss of previous coverage.
- Gaps in coverage of no more than 7 days.
- Access to COBRA coverage for gaps longer than 7 days.