SRC Reopen Plan
SRC Reopen Plan
We are moving away from our reservation process to drop-in recreation only. Patron will be required to wear face coverings in the building at all time. The maximum occupancy will be 70 patrons. Once capacity has been reached, no other patrons will be allowed to enter through the turnstiles until another patron leaves. Patrons may wait in the atrium while observing social distancing guidelines.. After the conclusion the facility will shut down for 2-3 hours to allow for a deep clean of used spaces before reopening. View all operational guidelines <here>
6 – 9 a.m.
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
4 – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday:
8 –11 a.m.
1 – 4 p.m.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Operational guidelines are to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 among staff and patrons.
We have moved away from our reservation process to drop-in recreation only. Patrons and staff are required to wear face coverings. The maximum occupancy will be 70 patrons. Once capacity has been reached, no other patrons will be allowed to enter through the turnstiles until another patron leaves. Patrons may wait in the atrium while observing social distancing guidelines. To help protect each other, we ask our patrons to do the following
- Please wipe down all the machines and weights you touch for the next person.
- If you are sick, say home.
- Sanitize and wash your hands often, we have stations and restrooms available for your safety.
- Social distance - we have done our best to provide a safe distance within the facility, please help each other out during your workout.
Occupancy will be monitored by the SRC staff. Operational guidelines for the Student Rec enter are subject to change based on availability of supplies and if there are no significant increases in COVID-19 cases in our region.
To access the Student Rec Center this summer during our Reopen protocols:
To access the Student Recreation Center during the staged reopening, patrons can purchase the“Reopen Pass” for $20, good for one month. This pass includes access to the SRC and Climbing Center, a VandalCard is required to purchase a Reopen Pass and can be purchased at the SRC for $10.
Full time students that are enrolled in summer and fall will have access, part time students will pay a $20 gap fee for the entire summer session.
For those wanting to pay daily, the day rate fee is now $4.00.
Membership Questions? Contact Ben at email@example.com
Protocol Questions? Contact Rusty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Climbing Center Guidelines to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 among staff and patrons:
- Drop-in recreation. For larger groups (7 maximum) please contact the Climbing Center to make a reservation. 208-885-6810
- Atrium will have designated entrance and exit doors, utilizing the three main doors. The east entrance/exit will not be accessible to patrons and will only be used in case of an emergency.
- Atrium will have social distancing “X” markers in areas that congregation could happen due to wait times to enter the facility.
- Water bottle filling stations will have “X” markers as well to all for social distancing.
- Plexi-glass will be installed at all point-of-sale locations.
- Face coverings will be provided by RecWell to all employees and will be required to wear during their schedule shifts.
- Patrons will be encouraged to wear face coverings.
- High use items, such as pens, and clipboards will be sanitized between each use.
- Patrons will be required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the turnstiles.
- Patrons will be encouraged to sanitize/wash their hands frequently.
- Staff will use “VIREX” a ready-to-use, quaternary-based, disinfectant that cleans and sanitizes in one step. VIREX has been confirmed to be effective against COVID-19.
- Anytime staff sanitize a surface it will be allowed to dry for a minimum of 10 minutes, as this allows for chemicals to work properly.
- Additional Climbing Center Protocols:
- Only bouldering will be allowed in the facility.
- When patrons come into the facility and prior to entering the climbing gym all will be required to sanitize their climbing shoes. Sanitizing materials will be provided.
- Patrons will be allowed to climb in only one section at a time while maintaining social distancing requirements.
- Patrons will deposit used shoes (if rentals) in a specified bin to be sanitized.
- Patrons will be discouraged from gathering in groups prior to and post workout.
Beginning June 29, the Climbing Center is open for drop-in recreation (maximum of 7). After the conclusion the facility will shut down for 2-3 hours to allow for a deep clean of used spaces before reopening.
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
4 – 7 p.m.
Saturday (Closed Sunday's):
1 - 4 p.m.
Outdoor Rental Center Protocols to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 among staff and patrons include:
- Patrons must call or e-mail to make an appointment or a reservation; pick-up will be by appointment, and curbside service, only.
- Patrons will not be allowed in the building.
- All individuals will maintain the six feet physical distance between customer when outside. Only professional staff will interact with customers during this stage.
- All employees and will be required to wear face coverings during their schedule shifts.
- Patrons will pay by credit/debit card only. Employees will complete the transaction within the rental center and return the card to the patron outside.
- Patrons will be required to load rented equipment by themselves, including boats for pick-up and drop-off. Patrons must have enough help to load/unload all gear, such as canoes and rafts, without damaging the equipment. You must have at least one other person with you to pick up and return canoes, sea kayaks, and rafts.
- Patrons must return equipment dry and cleaned.
- Returned equipment will be left alone for a minimum of five days to disinfect or immediately laundered.
- Signs will be placed in visible areas to highlight new COVID-19 procedures.
To make your reservations and appointment, contact Sandra at 208-885-6170 or email email@example.com
Outdoor Rental Center Hours
Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Reservations are required for equipment rental. Contact Sandra a 208-885-6170