Professional Skills Course
Are you industry ready?
Enroll today to prepare for tomorrow!
ENGR 204: Professional Skills
(CRN 74675) – 1 Credit, Spring 2020
Mondays, 3:30-4:20 p.m., in JEB 221
Students learn about the professional skills necessary to be a successful technical professional. Students will learn through a variety of activities such as lectures, hands-on exercises, and dialogue with technical professionals. Students will also learn about opportunities to gain professional experience while still in college. This course is highly recommended for students before they engage in a co-op or summer internship. Students will gain valuable life and employability skills through the course that will support their lifelong career pursuits.
- Overview of co-ops and internships
- How co-op program and internships work at U of I
- Resume writing and tailoring
- Job search skills, networking and professional societies
- Interview preparation and skills
- Technical professional as a career choice
- Career planning
- Professional work environment and workplace skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Online Presence and social network communications
Larry Stauffer, Ph.D., P.E.
College of Engineering
Senior Career Advising Liaison and Co-op Coordinator
College of Engineering | Career Services
Check out the Office of the Registrar Class Schedule and enroll in the class!