Skis, Snowboards & Snowshoes
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call (208) 885-6170.
Salomon Enduro skis, binding, boots and poles | $32
Skis only | $20
Poles only | $6
Alpina NNN-BC waxless package or Rossi waxable package | $24
Skis or boots only | $16
Ski poles only | $6
Atomic RT-86 or TM-22 with Black Diamond boots | $32
Metal edge skis with Asolo leather boots | $24
Atomic telemark skis or Black Diamond boots only | $20
Asolo leather telemark boots only | $16
Black Diamond Climbing Skins | $10
Atomic board, boots and bindings | $30
Atomic snowboard or boots only | $20
Voile Artisian board, Light Rail bindings, boots and skins | $32
Crescent Moon or Sherpa snowshoes with poles | $18
Adjustable Ski Poles - Life-Link | $7
Avalanche Probe - Black Diamond | $7
Avalanche Transceiver - Ortovox Patroller w/out batteries | $12
Avalanche Shovels - Life-Link rescue or metal cave digging | $6
Climbing Skins - Voile Snakeskins | $5
Snow Saw | $6
Wax Kit | $6
Salomon Snow Helmets | $6
Scott Goggles | $6
Anarok or Overmitts | $3
Fleece Pants | $5
Snowgaiters - Climb High | $4
Ski Bibs, Mountain Pants, Ultrex Parka or Fleece Jacket | $8
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted anytime with payment.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Damage deposits are returned after equipment has been inspected. Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- One-day rentals available on selected items Mondays-Wednesdays.
All cancellations of rentals totaling $25 or less will be converted to rental credit. Refunds exceeding $25 are determined based on days of advance notice:
- Between 30 and 14 days notice = 25 percent penalty, 75 percent cash refund
- Between 13 and 7 days notice = 30 percent penalty, 70 percent cash refund
- Between 6 and 2 days notice = 30 percent penalty, 70 percent rental credit
- Fewer than 2 days = NO REFUND
All cancellations exceeding $100 with at least 30 days advance notice will incur a $25 processing fee.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.