The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free. To check equipment availability, call (208) 885-6170.
Ice Tools - Black Diamond | $20
Helmets - Black Diamond | $6
Ice Axe - Grivel or Black Diamond | $6
Crampons - 12-point Grivel 2-F, G-10 or G-12
Crampon for any boot | $7
Mountaineering Boots - Koflach | $16
Rock Shoes - La Sportiva | $8
Climbing Harness - Black Diamond Bod | $6
Headlamp - Petzl w/out batteries | $4
Coolers, Stoves & More
Roll-a-table | $8
Fire Pan | $5
Extra Fuel Bottle | $4
Cooking Pot - 1- or 2-Quart Stainless Steel | $4
Lantern - Coleman with fuel | $11
First Aid Kit | $4
Camp Chair | $6
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. UI students receive a discount on all rentals with their Vandal ID.
The UI Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted anytime with payment.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after 5 days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- One-day rentals available on selected items Mondays-Wednesdays.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.