College of Graduate Studies will work closely with other colleges to
improve the quality and capacity of graduate programs at University of Idaho.
Identify graduate programs that have the distinctive character and quality at UI.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of graduate education at UI based on the results of external assessment of graduate programs and departmental external program reviews.
- Consult with Deans, Department Chairs, Graduate Program Directors/Coordinators, and graduate faculty members on the strengths and weaknesses of each program.
- Participate in all external graduate program reviews in order to receive input and feedback from external experts.
Enhance graduate programs that have a distinctive character and quality at UI.
- Work with colleges and departments to design specific plans to strengthen targeted programs.
- Prioritize and allocate resources, such as graduate student assistantships, to the targeted programs.
- Play an active role in reviewing proposals for new programs.
- Campaign to increase the average GPA and GRE scores of applicants to all programs.
- Communicate regularly with UI Center executives, faculty, and regional center recruitment personnel on potential graduate programs.