At the time of admission, your transcript will be reviewed by the program administration. Your bachelor’s degree that is required for admission will generally satisfy the prerequisites outlined below. If it is determined that you have some deficiencies, we recommend 400 level courses for you to complete. Please note that up to 9 credits of 400 level courses can be used towards your Ph.D. in Environmental Science.
- one course in chemistry or physics
- one course in physical geography or geology
- one course in two of the following areas: biology, ecology, botany, zoology, microbiology
- one course in two of the following areas: economics, political science, law, sociology, history, human geography
- One course in statistics
- One course in mathematics (pre-calculus or higher)
- One course in scientific or technical writing.
You may be asked to provide catalog copies of the course descriptions of these.