- McIntire, S.E., J.C. Rabon, P.S. Coates, M.A. Ricca, and T.N. Johnson. 2019. Greater sage-grouse chick preyed on by Great Basin gopher snake. Western North American Naturalist; in press.
- York, K.J., T.N. Johnson, J.V. Yelich, W.J. Price, and M.J. Ellison. 2019. Mesic meadow response to varying levels of grazing utilization in south central Idaho. Translational Animal Science; Volume 3. In press.
- Johnson, T.N., K. Nasman, Z. P. Wallace, L. E. Olson, J. R. Squires, R. M. Nielson, and P.L. Kennedy. 2019. Survey design for broad-scale, territory-based occupancy monitoring of a raptor: ferruginous hawk (Buteo regalis) as a case study. PLoS One: 10.1371/journal.pone.0213654.
- Kennedy, P.L., J.B. Fontaine, R.J. Hobbs, T.N. Johnson, R. Boyle, and A.S. Lueders. 2018. Do novel ecosystems provide habitat value for wildlife? Revisiting the physiognomy vs. floristics debate. Ecosphere 9: e02172.
- Gillan, J.K., E.K. Strand, and T.N. Johnson. 2017. Sage-grouse habitat in Idaho: a practical guide for landowners and managers. Idaho Forest, Wildlife, and Range Experiment Station. University of Idaho, Moscow. Contribution 1048, version 2.
- Sandercock, B.K., M. Alfaro-Barrios, A.E. Casey, T.N. Johnson, T.W. Mong, K.J. Odom, K.M. Strum, and V.L. Winder. 2015. Effects of grazing and prescribed fire on resource selection and nest survival of upland sandpipers in an experimental landscape. Landscape Ecology 30: 325-337.
- Johnson, T.N., S.W. Buskirk, G. Hayward, and M.G. Raphael. 2015. Timber harvest interacts with broad-scale forest mortality to affect site occupancy dynamics of a vertebrate seed predator. Forest Ecology and Management 340: 95-102.
- Schmalz, H.J., R.V. Taylor, T.N. Johnson, P.L. Kennedy, S.J. DeBano, B. Newingham, and P.A. McDaniel. 2013. Soil morphologic properties and cattle stocking rate affect dynamic soil properties. Rangeland Ecology and Management 66: 445-453.
- Saab, V., Q. Latif, M. Rowland, T.N. Johnson, A.D. Chalfoun, S.W. Buskirk, J. Heyward and M. Dresser. 2013. Ecological consequences of mountain pine beetle outbreaks for wildlife in western North American forests. Forest Science 60: 339-359. Invited.
- Johnson, T.N., P.L. Kennedy, and M.A. Etterson. 2012. Nest success and cause-specific nest failure of grassland passerines breeding in prairie grazed by livestock. Journal of Wildlife Management 76:1607-1616.
- Johnson, T.N., P.L. Kennedy, T. DelCurto, and R.V. Taylor. 2011. Bird community responses to cattle stocking rates in Northwest Bunchgrass prairie. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 144: 338-346.
*See CV for full list of research, publications and outreach projects.