Pursuing a Ph.D. in Water Resources, with guidance from Natural Resources & Society advisor, Dr. Jan Eitel. Also co-teaching Environmental Project Management for NRS, drawing on a background in conservation and restoration fields.
- M.S. Oceanography, Louisiana State University, 2005
- B.S. Environmental Biology, Pacific University, 2002
- Roegner, G.C., E.W. Dawley, M. Russell, A. Whiting, and D.J. Teel. 2010. Juvenile Salmonid Use of Reconnected Tidal Freshwater Wetlands in Grays River, Lower Columbia River Basin. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 139: 1211–1232.
Awards and Honors:
- 2018: NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship
- 2018: Idaho Space Grant Consortium graduate fellowship
- 2018: Curt Berklund Graduate Research Scholar award
- 2018: Water SMART Innovations Conference scholarship
- 2016-2018: 3 Univ. Idaho IGERT Innovative Research Program travel/outreach awards
- 2016: NSF Integrative Graduate Research and Education Traineeship ($110,000)
- climate change effects on seasonal migratory bird habitats (e.g. ephemeral lakes)
- novel remote sensing tools for estimating forest-canopy snow interception