While the Department of Modern Languages & Cultures does not offer a Japanese degree, students have an opportunity to learn the basics of the language through three years of study here at the University of Idaho.
Japanese Courses at the University of Idaho
- Japn 101-102 Elementary Japanese I-II (4 cr). Japn 101 satisfies core requirement J-3-a
- Japn (s) 103 Japanese Language Lab (1 cr, max 4). Practice in listening comprehension and conversational skills. Graded P/F. Coreq: Japn 101, 102, 201, or 202
- Japn 201-202 Intermediate Japanese I-II (4 cr)
- Japn 301 Japanese Reading (3cr)
- Japn 302 Japanese Writing (3 cr)
- Japn 303 Japanese Speaking (3 cr)