339 Administration Building
School of Journalism and Mass Media
University of Idaho
MS 3178 875 Perimeter Dr.
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3178
Mark Secrist has taught advertising and public relations at the University of Idaho since 1981. He worked in television advertising in Salt Lake City. He teaches a variety of advertising classes.
- M.B.A., University of Utah, 1972
- B.A., Economics, Brigham Young University, 1970
Mark Secrist has taught advertising and public relations at Washington State University, University of Utah and University of Idaho since 1981. He worked in television as director, technical director, cameraman, projectionist and studio production crew, and in advertising in Salt Lake City at his own agency. Mark has five children, a wonderful wife and eight beautiful grandchildren. His passion for advertising is matched by his love of photography, playing the trombone in the Hog Heaven Big Band and fast-moving trout streams.
- Advertising Creative Appeals
- Ad Media Planning
- Creative advertising: written and produced thousands for ads for all media
- Ad media strategy, planning and buying: developed media plans for many clients
- Researched advertising creative appeals in consumer magazine ads and trade journal advertising. (ongoing project)
- Mark’s classes produce creative projects for local businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Mark is the Ad Club faculty advisor
- Rockie Award for Best Television Commercial Produced in Idaho, 1987
- University of Idaho “Best Professor”, as voted by UI students, 2004 & 2005
- Advertising Competition Teams won the Northwest District XI competition three times (1995, 1996 and 1999) and placed second in the nation in 1995