University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1102
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1102
- BA, Reed College, English, 2009, Phi Beta Kappa
- MFA, University of Idaho, Creative Writing, 2012
Terry Lingrey's story "Casserole," was a finalist in the 2005 Main Street Rag Short Fiction Contest and was published in the contest anthology "Slower Traffic Keep Right." Her poetry has appeared in Scribendi, and her creative non-fiction has appeared in Sentient Times. She earned an master's degree in creative writing from the University of Idaho, where she was the 2011-2012 Hemingway Fellow. She speaks on campus and in the community to prevent sexual violence and to advocate for survivors, including as the 2013 keynote speaker at Take Back the Night. She was interviewed in 2014 by the Pixel Project Blog. She now teaches writing at the University of Idaho. She is working on a novel and a memoir. She has a business writing textbook forthcoming from Kendall Hunt.
- Creative writing
- Business Writing. Textbook, forthcoming from Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2015.
- "Survivor Stories: Interview with Terry Lingrey.” Pixel Project Blog. 2014.
- “In the Trees.” Reed College Creative Writing. 2009.
- “Casserole.” Slower Traffic Keep Right. M. Scott Douglass, ed. Charlotte, NC.: Main Street Rag Publishing, 2006.
- “Jump.” Scribendi. Vol 20, Spring 2006.
- “Purple Tulips” and “If My Arms Were Stronger.” Poets and Writers Anthology. Melanie Chase, ed. Eureka, Ca.: College of the Redwoods, 2004.
- “Hidden Treasures of Honoring Others.” Access. Aug 1996.
- “Your Dog’s Best Friend.” Access. May 1996.
- 2012 Hemingway Fellowship, University of Idaho
- 2009 Phi Beta Kappa election, Reed College
- 2006-2009 Commendations for Excellence in Scholarship, Reed College
- 2008 Kaspar T. Locher Summer Creative Scholarship, Reed College
- 2006 All-California Academic Team, Phi Theta Kappa
- 2006 President's Scholarship, College of the Redwoods