University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1102
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1102
- M.F.A., University of Idaho, Creative Writing, Fiction, 2009
- B.A., Lewis-Clark State College, English/Creative Writing, 2006
Annie Lampman grew up in the woods of Idaho and now lives in Moscow with her husband and three sons, along with a dog, two cats and a bevy of chickens. She teaches fiction and nonfiction writing, composition and persuasive/inquiry-based writing.
- Creative Writing
- “That’s Women’s Work” (essays, anthology, print), Wild Horses: The Women on Fire Series, ELJ Publications, March 2015.
- “A Family in Motion”
- “Confessions of Uncharitable Thoughts Toward Others”
- “A Mother’s Guide to Birds and Boys”
- “The Place Where You Live" (essay) Orion Magazine.
- Print: November/December 2014
- Online: July 6, 2014
- “Confessions of Uncharitable Thoughts Towards Others” (essay, print), Adanna Literary Journal, August 2014.
- “Find a Trade” (poem, online), WORK Literary Magazine, August 2014.
- “Finding Eden” (short story, online), Wilderness House Literary Review, July 2014.
- “A Mother’s Guide to Birds and Boys” (essay, print), High Desert Journal, Spring 2014.
- “The Art of Containment” (essay, print), Dunes Review, Summer/Fall 2013.
- “The Ways of Growth” (novel prologue, print), word~river literary review, Spring 2013.
- “Ben’s Poem” (poem, print) word~river literary review, Spring 2013.
- “A Place of Trees” (essay, print), IDAHO Magazine 100th edition Spotlight Series, January 2010.
- “Firewood: A Lesson in Self-Sufficiency” (essay, print), IDAHO Magazine, October 2009.
- “Coyote” (poem, print) the meadow, 2009.
- “In the Valley of Yosemite” (short story, print), Copper Nickel: Women Writing the West, 2008.
- “The River’s Pull” (short-short story, print), Talking River, 2004.
- “Ingress” (poem, print), Talking River, 2004.
- “My Galapagos” (poem, print), Talking River, 2004.
- "A Love Story of Trees" (essay, print) A Literary Journal for Alaska and the Pacific Northwest, Winter 2014.
- Place-based/Environmental Writing
- Senior Research Project Coordination Assistant, Environmental Science, University of Idaho, (Fall 2013-Spring 2014)
- Thesis Committee Member, Anthropology, University of Idaho (Fall 2012)
- Guest Lecturer: Washington State University, Lewis Clark State College, University of Idaho, and Moscow High School (2009-2012)
- Student Organization Advisor, Comedy Lab, University of Idaho (August 2012-present)
- Hemingway Festival Assistant, University of Idaho (2010-2012)
- ELI Writing Mentor/Coordinator, Moscow High School Extended Learning Internship (ELI) (2010-2011)
- Assistant Coordinator, Moscow Community Creative Writing Workshop (2007)
- Bureau of Land Management Artist-in-Residence, Owyhee Canyonlands Wilderness, Writing Residency, September 2014
- Pushcart Prize Special Mention for Headquarters: A Story of Trees, 2010
- Idaho Commission on the Arts writing grant, 2010