Since forming in 2010, Neave Trio – violinist Anna Williams, cellist Mikhail Veselov, and pianist Eri Nakamura – has earned enormous praise for its engaging, cutting-edge performances. WQXR explains, “‘Neave’ is actually a Gaelic name meaning ‘bright’ and ‘radiant,’ both of which certainly apply to this trio's music making.”
Neave has performed at many esteemed concert series and at festivals worldwide and has held residency positions at several top institutions across the U.S. and Canada. Most recently, the trio joined the faculty of the Longy School of Music of Bard College as Alumni Artists, Faculty Ensemble-in-Residence.
The group’s 2019 album Her Voice, on Chandos Records, was named one of the best recordings of the year by both The New York Times and BBC Radio 3. The Boston Musical Intelligencer reports, “it is inconceivable that they will not soon be among the busiest chamber ensembles going,” and “their unanimity, communication, variety of touch, and expressive sensibility rate first tier.”
Find out more about the Neave Trio on their website.
Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m. PST
Ways to Watch
- Right here on our website! The livestream will be available on this page at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 10. Be sure to share the link with your friends: NeaveTrio.auditoriumseries.org
- Facebook Live - you do not need a Facebook account to view the concert, but you will need to create an account or login if you want to comment on the video.
- Clara Schumann: Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 17
- Amy Beach: Piano Trio in A minor, Op. 150
- Rebecca Clarke: Piano Trio
- Jennifer Higdon: Piano Trio
Young People's Concert (Webinar)
Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 1:00 p.m. PST
We're very excited to announce we'll be hosting our annual Young People's Concert virtually via Zoom! Neave Trio will be presenting on the theme of "Voices" where they will discuss how the voices of each instrument come together to communicate the emotions and voice of a composer.
This free educational concert is intended for 5th graders, but we're welcoming children of all ages to tune in! Registration is required - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your child, student, or class.
- Clara Schumann: Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 17, I. Allegro moderato
- Amy Beach: Piano Trio in A minor, Op. 150, II. Lento espressivo
- Rebecca Clarke: Piano Trio, III. Allegro vigoroso
- Astor Piazzolla: The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires: "Winter" and "Spring"