Take Action




Phone: 208-885-6111
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: 208-885-9119
Student Union Building
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264


Phone: 208-334-2999
Fax: 208-364-4035
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702


Coeur d'Alene

Phone: 208-667-2588
Toll-free: 888-208-2268
Fax: 208-664-1272
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814


Idaho Falls

Phone: 208-282-7900
Fax: 208-282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 83402


North Idaho College

North Idaho College

The University of Idaho offers bachelor’s degrees in Coeur d’Alene in partnership with North Idaho College (NIC). Students generally take their lower division coursework at NIC, and their upper division coursework specific to their major at U-Idaho Coeur d’Alene.

For students transferring to U-Idaho Coeur d’Alene with college credit from institutions other than NIC, a U-Idaho advisor will review your transcripts to assess whether NIC coursework is necessary or if all your future coursework can be completed through U-Idaho.

Degree and Certificate programs available in Coeur d'Alene

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent Enrollment is the process by which a student enrolls in both NIC and U-Idaho classes at the same time.  Many students choose to take classes concurrently when they are still finishing required classes at NIC but wish to get a head start on their U-Idaho classes.  

Advising & Registration Tips

  • NIC students planning on transferring to U-Idaho are encouraged to meet with a U-Idaho advisor early on in their NIC studies.     NIC students can make an advising appointment by contacting a U-Idaho advisor directly - list of U-Idaho Advisors.  U-Idaho advisors also hold office hours on-site at NIC.  Students can contact the NIC Advising Services Office to make an appointment. 

  • Advising guides are available for NIC students planning on completing a bachelor's degree in
    Coeur d'Alene.   These guides list the classes required at both NIC and U-Idaho for a bachelor's degree. 

  • Articulation agreements are available for NIC students planning on completing a bachelor's degree in Moscow.  These agreements list the classes required at both NIC and U-Idaho for a bachelor's degree. 

  • The NIC/UI Transfer Guide lists how NIC courses transfer to U-Idaho.  Transfer courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. All courses from NIC are lower-division, even when they transfer as equivalent to of one of U-Idaho's upper-division courses.   Note:  NIC students are strongly encouraged to consult with a U-Idaho advisor to discuss how their NIC courses will transfer to U-Idaho. 

  • Students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree from NIC will enter U-Idaho with their general education requirements satisfied.

    University of Idaho Coeur d’Alene Contact - Becky Byers, 208-292-2510, beckys@uidaho.edu