Take Action




Phone: 208-885-6111
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: 208-885-9119
Student Union Building
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264


Phone: 208-334-2999
Fax: 208-364-4035
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702


Coeur d'Alene

Phone: 208-667-2588
Toll-free: 888-208-2268
Fax: 208-664-1272
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814


Idaho Falls

Phone: 208-282-7900
Fax: 208-282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 83402



  • I'm admitted to the University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene. What do I do now?
    Your first step is to meet with an academic adviser who is assigned to you depending on your major/program. Your adviser will help you plan your course work and walk you through the registration process. Each semester, undergraduate students will have an advising hold preventing them from registering online until they contact their adviser. Graduate students do not have advising holds, but it is highly recommended that they check in with a major professor each semester to make sure they are following an approved study plan. List of University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene Advisers and Major Professors
  • How do I set up my accounts like VandalMail, VandalWeb, etc.?
    Just follow these directions to get your accounts up and running.
  • When does class registration begin?
    Registration for Fall semester starts in early April, and registration is open until classes begin in August. Registration for Spring semester starts in early November, and registration is open until classes begin in January. Registration for Summer semester starts in late March or early April, and registration is open until classes begin.

    We highly recommend registering as early as possible because classes can fill quickly.
  • Where can I find a list of important dates and deadlines?
    We will contact you via e-mail regarding important University of Idaho, Coeur d’Alene related events. Generally speaking, registration for Summer and Fall semesters begins the previous April. Registration for Spring semester begins in the previous November. Please look at the current  academic calendar for other important dates (spring break, holidays, grading schedules, etc.).
  • How do I know who my adviser is?
    It's important that you meet with your academic adviser or major professor each semester. Please review the following:

    List of University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene Advisers and Major Professors
  • How do I register for courses?

    After you meet with your adviser/major professor who will assist you in choosing the appropriate course work, you can register online . If you have questions about logging in, call us at 208-667-2588.

    After logging in successfully, follow these steps to register:

    • Click on Student Information / Registration Menu
    • Next, click on Registration Menu
    • Next, click on Add/Drop Classes
    • Enter class registration numbers (CRNs) and click Submit Changes button
    For more information and more details instructions, visit the Registrar's webpage.

  • How do I view the Class Schedule?
    View all courses that are offered in the Coeur d'Alene area, or online, by going to our online class schedule.
  • I received a Registration Error. What do I do?
    There are several registration errors that can occur. Undergraduates must contact or meet with an academic adviser before they can register.

    Registration Error Information
  • Where will my classes be held?

    Most live Coeur d'Alene classes will be held on either the North Idaho College campus or in our Harbor Center Administration Building at 1031 N. Academic Way. Classroom assignments can be found on the class schedule.  

    NIC MOL = NIC's Molstead library
    HC = Harbor Center

  • How do I get started in my online course?
    Usually, your instructor will e-mail you via our VandalMail system shortly before the semester starts and give you instructions on what to do next. It's essential that you check your VandalMail frequently.
  • How do I get textbooks for my classes?
    University of Idaho, Coeur d’Alene students purchase their textbooks online through the University of Idaho Bookstore. You have several options for purchasing your books online, both of which are simple and convenient.

    Bookstore Web site

    Paying for Books
  • What is a Vandal Card and why do I need one?
    Your Vandal Card is your student ID card, and it can be very useful. Here's what you can get with it:
    • Access to the University of Idaho Library
    • Access to athletic events (for students with 8 or more credits)
    • Access to ASUI productions  
    • Access to discounts from Coeur d’Alene area merchants including: Riverstone 14 and Hayden Cinema 6 movie theaters, Senor Froggy’s restaurant, Schweitzer Ski Resort, Purcell Stoddard Moving company, etc. Please contact area merchants directly for discount information.

    The Vandal Card also can be used as a debit card at the University of Idaho Bookstore (5% discount on used books). Vandal Card deposits can be made online. Account balances roll forward each semester. Account withdrawals are only permitted at the end of the academic term or earlier if the cardholder ceases to be affiliated with the university.

    To get your Vandal Card, stop by our office during our regular business hours (Fall/Spring 8:00 - 5:00; Summer 7:30 - 4:30). The Vandal Card is usually ready for you to pick up three days after you order it.

  • What is VandalMail?
    VandalMail is the University of Idaho e-mail system. It is very important that you check your VandalMail frequently. We send all types of information through VandalMail - class information, financial aid information, advising information, etc. The Web site for VandalMail is www.vandals.uidaho.edu

    You should receive instructions for activating VandalMail in your admissions packet. If you need assistance with logging in, feel free to give us a call at (208) 667-2588 .
  • Help - I can't access VandalWeb and/or Vandalmail!
    There are a couple of different things that would lead to this problem.  The most common issue is an expired password.

    Visit the ITS Account Management page to reset your password or call the Help Desk at (208) 885-4357 for assistance.
  • What types of financial aid are available?
    Loans, grants, scholarships, work-study ... financial aid can be confusing! Check out our Financial Aid website for an easy explanation of the various types of financial aid.
  • When will I get my financial aid money?

    Financial aid is first used to pay for University of Idaho charges (credit and lab fees, etc.). If financial aid has not paid all University of Idaho charges, you must make arrangements with Student Accounts to pay the remaining balance. If financial aid has paid all University of Idaho charges and there are leftover funds (residual funds), you can opt for a direct deposit to your specified savings or checking account. You also may use residual financial aid and/or scholarships to make deposits on your University of Idaho Vandal Card with your billing statement.


    Initial direct deposits to bank accounts are disbursed electronically, usually on the Friday before the semester begins. Checks may be picked up from our CDA office during the first week of classes if you have not selected direct deposit for the current academic year.

  • How do I set up direct deposit?

    All students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit of their residual financial aid to their bank accounts. Residual financial aid is the aid that is left over after the billing statement has been paid in full. It is particularly important for students who are not on the Moscow campus (those at off-campus sites, on national student exchange or study abroad) to arrange for direct deposit each academic year. The alternative is to make arrangements to have a check mailed.

    To sign up for direct deposit of financial aid:

    • Log in with your ID and PIN
    • Go to the “Student Account Information” menu            
    • Go to the “Direct Deposit Information” menu
    • Have your bank account and routing numbers ready

  • Is financial aid available in the summer semester?
    Summer financial aid is extremely limited. As a rule, a student's eligibility for summer financial aid is limited to remaining Pell Grant or Direct Stafford Loan eligibility from the previous academic year (for example, Fall 2007-Spring 2008 academic year). Any scholarships are automatically awarded by the various University of Idaho scholarship committees - there are no separate scholarship applications. Campus-based federal aid (SEOG, LEAP, Perkins loans, work-study) is not available.

    Criteria in order to be considered for financial aid in the summer.
  • What type of scholarships are available?
    New undergraduate students need only submit a complete admissions application and their transcript and test scores to the Admissions Office in order to be considered for merit-based scholarships and out-of-state tuition waivers. No other applications are required.
    These documents must be received by February 15 to be given priority consideration.

    All continuing University of Idaho students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships as long as they are enrolled in at least nine University of Idaho credits (undergraduates), six University of Idaho credits (graduates) or 10 University of Idaho credits (law students) during the previous spring semester. Continuing students do NOT have to file separate scholarship applications.

    To be considered for need-based scholarships and federal aid, students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the U.S. Department of Education Federal Processor. For priority consideration of merit-based scholarships, the admission application must reach the University of Idaho by February 15.

    Please note: Recipients of University of Idaho scholarships are required to enroll full time (defined as 12 credits for undergraduate students, nine credits for graduate students, and 10 credits for law students) unless the donor of the scholarship funds has indicated to the institution that part-time students are eligible. For award criteria and information specific to particular scholarship awards, contact Student Financial Aid Services.

    Incoming graduate students will need to provide all necessary information with the Graduate Application for Admissions; no separate forms are necessary. The application can be found on the Graduate Admissions Web site.
  • Is work-study available to University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene students?
    It's available in the Fall and Spring semesters. Here's how it works.
  • Can I use my financial aid money to buy books?
    Yes! You can appropriate some financial aid money to your Vandal Card account.

    The Vandal Card can then be used as a debit card at the University of Idaho Bookstore (5% discount on used books). Vandal Card deposits can be made online. Financial aid account balances roll forward each semester. Account withdrawals are only permitted at the end of the academic term or earlier if the cardholder ceases to be affiliated with the university.

    To get your Vandal Card, stop by our office during our regular business hours (Fall/Spring 8:00-5:00; Summer 7:30-4:30). The Vandal Card is usually ready for you to pick up three days after you order it.
  • When are student fees due?
    Generally, it's advisable for Coeur d'Alene students to pay before the first day of classes. A bill will be emailed to you from our Student Accounts department in Moscow. You can pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card. If you pay by credit card, you could be subject to a 2.5% service charge. If you pay in cash, please stop by our Coeur d'Alene office to pay your bill in person rather than mailing cash.
  • Can I defer my student fees?

    If you are unable to pay in-full up front, or do not have enough financial aid to cover the full balance for the semester, you can set up a student payment plan. For more information, visit Student Accounts.  To sign up for a payment plan call: (208) 885-6760.

  • How much will it cost to attend University of Idaho?
    The State Board of Education determines our fees and tuition every year. See our current fee schedule.
  • I'm not a resident of Idaho; what will I pay?
    If you are an undergraduate student, you may be eligible for a Scholarship.   Check out our financial aid website.

    If you take only online courses each semester, we will waive your nonresident fees. Nonresident fees are also not applicable in the summer semester. For a list of nonresident fees, see our current fee schedule.
  • Are there any University of Idaho clubs or organizations I can join?
    If you want to get involved in Student Organizations at the University of Idaho Coeur d’Alene, here are some great opportunities:

    Student Activities Committee
    A group of U-Idaho student volunteers that plan fun events and activities here in Coeur d'Alene!   Students participating in the SAC can volunteer to help with all of our annual events, or just one event per year.

    Examples of U-Idaho events for students and their families:
    • December Holiday Fun Night
    • Valentine's Making Party Community Outreach Event
    • Spring Easter Egg Hunt  

    So, if you'd like to make connections to other U-Idaho students and help plan these events, please contact the staff advisor, Angie Sowers at asowers@uidaho.edu or 208-664-7013.

    North Idaho College/University of Idaho Education Club
    The North Idaho College/University of Idaho Education Club is specifically for education majors and meets once per month during the Fall and Spring semesters. The Club provides its members with many great professional development opportunities and preparation for a career in teaching. Their mission is to recruit, retain and engage a larger, more active association membership, in order to achieve a great public school for every child! E-mail cdaedclub@uidaho.edu for further information.
  • How do I access library resources?
    University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students have access to the University of Idaho and North Idaho College libraries.  Information for distance education students is available at Library Services. 

    Or click here for a flyer on how to access the U-Idaho Library from a distance.

    Students who are certified teachers or licensed school personnel also have access to the the Regional Special Education Library.  For more information, you can contact them at 208-292-2528.
  • What Disability Support Services do you offer to Coeur d'Alene students?
    Any University of Idaho Outreach students interested in receiving accommodations based upon their disability documentation are required to contact Disability Support Services (DSS). Students may speak with Gloria Jensen, DSS Coordinator and Deaf Services Coordinator, for physical/sensory disabilities, or Rosie Pavlov, Learning Disability Specialist, for learning/psychological disabilities as well as ADD/ADHD.

    Each student’s accommodations are handled on a case-by-case basis once the disability documentation has been received at the DSS office and reviewed by either Gloria or Rosie. All other policies and procedures will be completed in the same manner as they are for students located on the Moscow campus.

    For any questions, please contact the DSS office at (208) 885-6307 or dss@uidaho.edu.
  • What counseling services do you offer to Coeur d'Alene students?

    University of Idaho, Coeur d'Alene students have access to counseling services. Eight (8) yearly (July-June) mental health counseling sessions are available to University of Idaho students who are enrolled in 4 or more credits per semester.  This service is available for the individual student as well as partners and/or family with the student present.  Counseling is Confidential.  To make and appointment or for questions regarding counseling, please contact:

    Karen Wheeler, Ph.D.
    (208) 818-3738 
    250 Northwest Ave, Suite 106-B
    Coeur d'Alene, ID

  • What Career Counseling Services do you offer to University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene students?
    Each Fall and Spring semester, advisors from our Career Center present workshops in Coeur d’Alene related to career development. These workshops include topics such as successful resume writing, interview tips, salary negotiation, finding an internship, etc. The CAPP office advisors also offer one-on-one career counseling during their visitations. You also can email a career advisor at careercenter@uidaho.edu.
  • Can Coeur d'Alene students get help with their writing skills?
    The NIC Writing Center now provides UI students with one-on-one appointments with helpful writing consultants.  The primary goal of the writing center is to help students become better writers, not just immediately to compose better papers.  Writing Center consultants will help students become better editors of their own work so that they can draft clear, well-written papers, but consultants will not write, revise, or edit papers for students.  Consultants can assist students better if students bring a draft of their work to the Writing Center at least a week before the assignment is due.  Walk-in's are welcome, provided a consultant is available.  You can find more information on their website at www.nic.edu/writingcenter.
  • Is there tutoring available for Coeur d'Alene students?
    Individual tutoring sessions are available for select classes each semester.  Students are eligible for up to 15 hours of tutoring per semester per course.  If you are interested in tutoring or becoming a tutor, contact Becky Byers at beckys@uidaho.edu for more information.
  • Where can I find contact information for University faculty and staff?
    We have an online directory which will give you current e-mails, phone numbers, and addresses for our faculty and staff. Can't find someone? Give us a call and we'll help:  (208) 667-2588. For a complete list of faculty and staff in Coeur d'Alene, visit our Contact Us page.